For a few years now I’ve had an arrangement with a client and friend of mine that has worked out great. Every Monday in exchange for my computer and website support he pays me with a complete ice chest full of organic, fresh vegetables and fruits from the local farmer’s markets in Oakland and Walnut Creek.
He runs a Hawaiian Coffee website that imports coffee directly from the islands in green bean form and roasts them fresh weekly and sometimes right in front of you at the farmer’s markets. His website is http://www.hawaiianregionalcoffees.com . If you love coffee and want to try what I consider to be the best coffee I’ve ever had, then go and try a bag of his coffee. Honestly I’ve never had coffee that had no bitter taste without sweetner or creamer on the backside of the taste. This coffee really doesn’t need anything, but it’s just that much better when sugared up.
Okay, so, the reason I’m posting this blog is to talk about what we get in our box and how it will be used throughout our week as we cook dinners at home. So here and there you will see our lists of ingredients we use and we might remind you that they are “from our box”.
Also, we will try and utilize more and more of our vegetables now that we are somewhat held accountable. At times we can’t eat all of them and often realize that ahead of time and give up on some of the box items we rarely make as part of our meals.
Here are some of the vegetables we got this week:
- Red and Yellow Heirloom tomatoes
- Purple and Green Broccoli
- Yellow and Green, Green Beans
- A large number of Bell Peppers, red, yellow, green
- 3 huge bunches of fresh Basil(pesto coming soon!)
- Zuccini and Summer Squash
- Yellow Onions
The Fruit we Got this week:
- Over 10 baskets of Strawberries (we have some serious plans for these, cookies!)
- Peaches (Deanna brought a lot of these to share at her work)
And finally, here is all of our box in their happy little green Debbie Meyer bags (they really work!):
- Chicken Fajitas
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Tortilla Chicken Soup
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Eggs in an Egg Blanket – Poached Eggs Inside an Omelette
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos Stuffed with Gluten-Free Non-Dairy Cream Cheese
- Southern American Succotash Soup with Chicken
- Pork and Beef Meatloaf
- Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
- Moroccan Chicken Soup with Charmoula Butter
Tagsavocado bacon baked basil bell peppers Black Beans Breakfast Celery chicken Cilantro corn crock pot Cumin dinner egg free Eggplant egg whites Garbanzo Beans Garlic gluten free green beans Italian kale Mexican food Milk mozzarella Olive Oil onion onions Parsley pesto Potatoes ravioli Red Onion rice slow cooker soup soyrizo thyme tomato tomatoes tomato sauce vegetable box vegetarian Zucchini