Almost everyone loves a savory chicken soup and Deanna and I are no exception. We eat chicken soup all the time. Chicken soup feeds the soul. Whether it’s chicken noodle, pho ga, or any other of the endless ways to make chicken soup, you really can never go wrong.
We are happy to finally share one of our favorite chicken soup iterations, the “Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Tortilla Chicken Soup.”
We usually make this on a Monday night and eat it between us for 3 nights. It really makes things easy on a weeknight when you are tired and don’t feel like getting too deep into making dinners every day.
Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Tortilla Chicken Soup
- 1.5 lbs Fingerling Potatoes
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 16 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breast, whole ((to be shredded after))
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 5 oz Baby Kale
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, whole smashed or chopped
- 16 oz Baby Carrots, or chopped carrots
- 1 Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 2 cups Whole Kernel Corn ((we use frozen))
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 Tub Sour Cream
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- Dump mushrooms in the pot.
- Chop up red onion and dump in the pot.
- Chop up celery and dump in the pot.
- Dump pack of carrots in the pot.
- Chop up potatoes into a few pieces each, or whole, and toss into the pot.
- Rinse and chop up the cauliflower and toss into the pot.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the pot, discard rest of lemon.
- Chop or press all of the garlic into the pot.
- Season with Oregano, Basil and Pepper.
- Stir all ingredients to get them coated with seasonings.
- Add the chicken breast to the top.
- Pour in 8 cups of Chicken Broth, but don’t overfill your pot. You really just want to make sure the chicken is covered.
- Add some additional seasonings on top with the chicken.
- Close the lid and set the vent to the sealing setting.
- Choose manual high pressure and set to 35 minutes. Sometimes we’ve had No Pressure happen when we do these very full soups. If you get that, just hit manual again and shorten the time. I’ve chosen 20 after it did that and things were great.
- When complete I like to lay a wash cloth through the handle and over the vent and do a fast pressure release.
- After you open it carefully, stir in the corn and the can of beans.
- Then take two forks and shred the chicken meat.
- Serve in bowl and top with cubed avocado, cheese, chips and some sour cream. We also add some lemon pepper for a nice zest kick.
- Feel free to make it your own and add little twists.
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Cookies – 3 Ingredient
- Chicken Fajitas
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Tortilla Chicken Soup
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Eggs in an Egg Blanket – Poached Eggs Inside an Omelette
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos Stuffed with Gluten-Free Non-Dairy Cream Cheese
- Southern American Succotash Soup with Chicken
- Pork and Beef Meatloaf
- Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
Tagsavocado bacon beef bell peppers Black Beans Breakfast butter Celery chicken Chocolate Cilantro corn Cumin dinner Eggplant egg whites Fingerling Potatoes Garbanzo Beans Garlic gluten free green beans kale Mexican food Milk mozzarella norcalfoodies Olive Oil onion onions Parsley pesto Potatoes ravioli Red Onion rice slow cooker soup soyrizo thyme tomato tomatoes tomato sauce vegetable box vegetarian Zucchini