I’ve never made a meatloaf of my own and recently I was in the mood to do one, so I did. Growing up I can’t say I’ve ever had a meatloaf that left me with the desire to eat it again. So I spent a lot of time searching for a recipe that would sound appealing to me. I wound up finding someone’s Gluten Free Meatloaf Recipe and basing my version on theirs. But I also customized it to my own liking and wound up not doing it Gluten Free.
INGREDIENTS for Meatloaf
- 1lb of ground beef (whatever lean ratio you want)
- 1lb of ground pork
- 1/2 cup of Quaker Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp dried Thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of Egg White
- 1 onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup sauteed white mushrooms
- Pat of butter
INGREDIENTS for Top Sauce
- 3/4 cup of Ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- t tsp of tapatio
- Preheat Oven to 350 and Chop up the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Saute the mushrooms until softened in butter.
- Toss quartered onion and whole garlic cloves into food processor and chop up until fine, but not mush. Or cut them up fine with a knife if you don’t have a processor.
- In a large bowl mix the Meat, Egg, Onions and Garlic, Thyme, Oregano, Oats, Salt, Mushrooms, Red chili pepper flakes together. Basically everything but the top sauce ingredients. I used my hands to make sure it was mixed very well.
- Pat your meat mixture into a greased loaf pan or other pan you prefer to use. I wound up using a 10″x10″x2″ pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. While the loaf is baking during this time, mix together the sauce ingredients. Adjust the mixture to taste. Remove the loaf from the oven after 15 minutes and spread the sauce over the top of the entire loaf.
- Place back in the oven for around 35 more minutes until the center of the loaf reaches 150 degrees with a thermometer. When done, remove from the oven and serve with a side of your favorite vegetable. We paired ours with some green beans.
- Chicken Fajitas
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Tortilla Chicken Soup
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Eggs in an Egg Blanket – Poached Eggs Inside an Omelette
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos Stuffed with Gluten-Free Non-Dairy Cream Cheese
- Southern American Succotash Soup with Chicken
- Pork and Beef Meatloaf
- Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
- Moroccan Chicken Soup with Charmoula Butter
Tagsavocado bacon beef bell peppers Black Beans Breakfast butter Celery chicken Cilantro corn crock pot Cumin dinner egg free Eggplant egg whites Fingerling Potatoes Garbanzo Beans Garlic gluten free green beans kale Milk mozzarella Mushrooms Olive Oil onion onions Parsley pesto Potatoes ravioli Red Onion rice slow cooker soup soyrizo thyme tomato tomatoes tomato sauce vegetable box vegetarian Zucchini