We haven’t done enough lunch posts, so I’m glad to be able to toss in another simple lunch or even breakfast idea.
Yesterday, prior to running errands around town we stopped in at our neighborhood coffee shop, Central Coffee Tea & Spice, and had a mocha and a bagel sandwich. So that experience is the inspiration for this quick and easy lunch blog.
- Everything Bagel, or your choice of bagel
- 4 thin slices of peeled cucumber
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- 2 thin slices of red onion, broken apart
- Low Fat Weight Watchers Cream Cheese
- 3 slices of Red Bell Pepper(sliced like rings)
- 1 cup of Arugula leaves
1. Gather all of your ingredients. Peel the cucumber and slice it very thin along with the onion, bell pepper and tomato.
2. If your bagel is not pre-cut, take a serrated edge knife and slice it in two equal halves. Toss it in the toaster, or toaster oven until it’s golden brown.
3. Spread enough cream cheese on both sides of the bagel halves enough to cover all of the surface, and as thick as you desire.
4. Then pile on all the goodies in your preferred order. If you want a pile on order suggestion, this works: Bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, onion, lettuce.
5. Then take the top half of your bagel and press it all down together a little firm. This helps get the cream cheese to smoosh into your veggies and in my opinion, keeps them in place a bit more.
6. Slice it in half and serve it up. (pairs well with a mimosa)
- Chicken Fajitas
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Tortilla Chicken Soup
- Norcal Foodies Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Eggs in an Egg Blanket – Poached Eggs Inside an Omelette
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups – Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos Stuffed with Gluten-Free Non-Dairy Cream Cheese
- Southern American Succotash Soup with Chicken
- Pork and Beef Meatloaf
- Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken
- Moroccan Chicken Soup with Charmoula Butter
Tagsavocado bacon baked basil bell peppers Black Beans Breakfast Celery chicken Cilantro corn crock pot Cumin dinner egg free Eggplant egg whites Garbanzo Beans Garlic gluten free green beans Italian kale Mexican food Milk mozzarella Olive Oil onion onions Parsley pesto Potatoes ravioli Red Onion rice slow cooker soup soyrizo thyme tomato tomatoes tomato sauce vegetable box vegetarian Zucchini